Current measures in Peel
Stay informed about COVID-19 restrictions
Peel Region will move to Grey-Lockdown zone
The Grey-Lockdown measures will come into effect on Monday, March 8 at 12:01am. Until then, Peel is under the provincewide shutdown and stay-at-home order.
The Ontario government is returning to the COVID-19 response framework that places each public health unit into a colour-coded zone based on risk:
The Ontario government announced that Peel Region is in the Grey-Lockdown zone as of March 8, 2021.
Peel will remain in the Grey-Lockdown zone for at least 2 weeks. The Ontario government will then assess public health indicators and the impact of public health and workplace safety measures to determine if our zone should stay the same or change.
Measures in Grey-Lockdown zone
Check the measures listed under Ontario's Grey-Lockdown zone to understand how they impact residents, businesses, and public spaces in Peel.
For full details, refer to O. Reg. 82/20, the Ontario regulations for the Grey-Lockdown zone.
Additional details on COVID-19 health and safety measures for businesses in Peel can be found on our Businesses page.
Protecting yourself and others
Follow these public health measures to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Stay at home as much as possible. Only leave the house for essential trips such as food, medication, medical appointments, work, school, exercise, or supporting vulnerable community members.
- Do not gather indoors with anyone you do not live with. Do not visit any other household or allow visitors in your home.
- Limit close contact to the people you live with and your essential supports (such as caregivers).
- Stay at home when feeling sick, even with mild symptoms.
- Work from home if you can.
Municipal services and facilities
You can also find out which services are open or closed in your local municipality: